The only rule is to have fun, keep an eye for you threads and be always in stitches.
Pick 15 projects that are ALREADY STARTED and FINISH them.
ha, there you are, my challenge to you. Not new ones coz we all know there are far more than 15 to which we would like to start.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Hoping This Doesn't Go the Way of New Year's Resolutions!

I've never kept a New Year's resolution yet. But I've found a place where an old lady can perhaps finish a few things that would remain buried for her dauther to uncover when she's gone, LOL! I'm hoping to meet a bunch of great gals and see how they do with theri UFO's.

I'm a grandmother to 3 teenagers who live right here in my hometown, so I consider myself a very blessed person. I share a home with my only husband of 45 years (child bride here, of course) and 5 cats, most of whom were rescued. DH and I have always been suckers for animals and have always had a variety when the kids were growing up. In our waning years, we've found cats to be the least trouble.

This list is incomplete, as I dragged out more than 15, some of which I'll save for another year, some of which I'd rather throw away, some of which are no longer appropriate, and some of which I don't even remember starting. There are maybe half a dozen I don't want to think about now.

1. "Winter Sampler" by Little House Needleworks
2. "The Library" by Little House Needleworks
3. "Peaceful Garden" by Moira Blackburn (what was I thinking?)
4. "Family Treasure II" by Told In A Garden (Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum)
5. "Cottage Retreat" by Julia Llucas in The Cross Stitcher magazine
6. "Sanctuary" by The Drawn Thread
7. "Gathering Goldfinches" kit by Dimensions
8. "Dolphin Family" kit by Creative Accents
9. "Golfing" by Hinzeit
10. "The Promise" by Just Nan
11."Scent of Old Roses" by Mirabilia
12. "Summer's End" by Pamela Kellogg
13. "What A Ride" by Ruby Slipper Needlework Designs
14. "Beneath  the Sunlit Sky" by Blackbird Designs
15. "Flip-Its 2002" by Lizzie Kate (yes, I still have 2 to go)

This list doesn't allow for any new WIP's so I'm not promising miracles. I just plan to have fun trying! I'm 63, and I figure I have about 10 years of enough eyesight left to stitch. Wish me luck, and I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and productive New Year!

Nancy in IL
http://crossesnkisses.blogspot.com/
http://nancyinil.multiply.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

any and all comments are welcome and Thank you for sharing