The only rule is to have fun, keep an eye for you threads and be always in stitches.
Pick 15 projects that are ALREADY STARTED and FINISH them.
ha, there you are, my challenge to you. Not new ones coz we all know there are far more than 15 to which we would like to start.

Friday, January 28, 2011

A finished finish!

I was a productive girl today and here is the result:

Joy-Midsummer Night Designs
JCS Ornaments '09
40ct white linen
CC floss

This is my first attempt at finishing in a totally different way. And I must say..it turned out great! The backing is like the plaid in the front, a wide green ribbon and skinny white ribbon completes it.

I just might finish everything this way!

This brings my completed WIP's to 4. Below is Rose Garden by BBD:

Rose Garden-BBD-Pincushions of Merit(i think!)
32ct Antique Ivory linen
CC floss

Next step is turning it into a pincushion.

I have 3 new WIP's to add to the list (in varying degrees of done):

Kindness Make-do--Shakespeare's Peddler, on 34ct unknown linen
Valentine Garden--Barrick Samplers, on 40ct Antique Cotton R&R (a UFO for approx. 6+ yrs.)
Letters and Leaves (freebie)--La-D-Da, on 30ct Havana WDW

I won't start these until I've sunk some stitches in my other WIP's from the original list.

Good Night all!




3 comments:

  1. Both are very cute. I'm going to attempt some of those little pillows with stitching and quilt fabric. I've seen a lot of these on blogs and they really look sweet. I'm not a great finisher, but I guess I'll get some practice.

    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bobbi!

    Looking at the other blogs is also where I got the idea to finish the Joy design. As I look at it though, I wish I'd done a better job at stuffing it. I say that because I'm a career hair-splitter, but I'm happy with the way it turned out:)) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet finishes, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

any and all comments are welcome and Thank you for sharing