The only rule is to have fun, keep an eye for you threads and be always in stitches.
Pick 15 projects that are ALREADY STARTED and FINISH them.
ha, there you are, my challenge to you. Not new ones coz we all know there are far more than 15 to which we would like to start.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

What Good Motivation!

Hi, Everyone -

I just came across this challenge blog two days ago and think it will be a great incentive for me to finish some of my WIPs next year.  A fresh start at the beginning of a new year is always motivational for me...for a while, anyway!

I live in Ohio.  I have two children, five grandchildren, and a five month old great granddaughter, Elizabeth, who we call Izzie.  What a treasure!

I've looked around and come up with the following projects for my list:

1)  Birth Sampler for Izzie - it's in the designing stages only...haven't started the stitching yet, but this is my     most important project for 2011.

2)  Sampler of Seasons - this is a round robin piece from an EGA Guild that I belong to.  The stitching was done in 2009.  It's time for me to put some finishing touches on it and get it framed!

3)  Antique Heart Roll - Shepherd's Bush - just started.

4)  A Weary World Rejoices - Shakespeare's Peddler - about 1/3 is stitched.

5)  Debi's Roses Biscornu - Chatelaine freebie - very little stitched.  I'm trying to stitch it on black fabric, and don't know whether I can do this any more!

6)  Mary Wigham Sampler - NeedlePrint - about 20% stitched.

7)  Holly & Ivy - Shepherd's Bush - just needs button and charms.

8)  Random Thoughts - Drawn Thread - was hoping to get going on this last year for an online SAL.

9)  Anniversaries of the Heart - BBD - about 40% stitched.

10)Heart Pincushion for an Exchange - I need this in about 6 weeks.

11)Keepsake Box & Pinkeep - BBD LF#33 - 50 or 60% stitched.

12)Anna's Stocking - Shepherd's Bush - about 25% stitched...I have misplaced the perle cottons for this!

13)Springtime Heart - a small piece on canvas that I should be doing as a Guild project.

14)Fraidy Felix - With Thy Needle & Thread - stitching about 50% finished; will have to be put together, too.

15)Pineapple Biscornus - Jeannette Douglas - I am ashamed to admit that these were to be a Christmas for a very good friend LAST year, and I still have not finished them.  The stitching is about 80% complete.

16)  Bonus Project - Before seeing this blog, I was going to join a SAL for Autumn at Hawk Run Hollow.  I am not a fast stitcher, so I don't know whether stitching one of those blocks a month in addition to everything else I want to do is realistic or not, but hope to give it a try!

This is very ambitious for me.  If I finished half of these items, I'll be very happy.  If I finish 2/3 of the list I will be very happy and amazed!  Loved seeing the photos posted so far.  I'll do the same soon.

Good stitching, everyone.

Bobbi - Ohio

No comments:

Post a Comment

any and all comments are welcome and Thank you for sharing