Hi, Everyone -
I just came across this challenge blog two days ago and think it will be a great incentive for me to finish some of my WIPs next year. A fresh start at the beginning of a new year is always motivational for me...for a while, anyway!
I live in Ohio. I have two children, five grandchildren, and a five month old great granddaughter, Elizabeth, who we call Izzie. What a treasure!
I've looked around and come up with the following projects for my list:
1) Birth Sampler for Izzie - it's in the designing stages only...haven't started the stitching yet, but this is my most important project for 2011.
2) Sampler of Seasons - this is a round robin piece from an EGA Guild that I belong to. The stitching was done in 2009. It's time for me to put some finishing touches on it and get it framed!
3) Antique Heart Roll - Shepherd's Bush - just started.
4) A Weary World Rejoices - Shakespeare's Peddler - about 1/3 is stitched.
5) Debi's Roses Biscornu - Chatelaine freebie - very little stitched. I'm trying to stitch it on black fabric, and don't know whether I can do this any more!
6) Mary Wigham Sampler - NeedlePrint - about 20% stitched.
7) Holly & Ivy - Shepherd's Bush - just needs button and charms.
8) Random Thoughts - Drawn Thread - was hoping to get going on this last year for an online SAL.
9) Anniversaries of the Heart - BBD - about 40% stitched.
10)Heart Pincushion for an Exchange - I need this in about 6 weeks.
11)Keepsake Box & Pinkeep - BBD LF#33 - 50 or 60% stitched.
12)Anna's Stocking - Shepherd's Bush - about 25% stitched...I have misplaced the perle cottons for this!
13)Springtime Heart - a small piece on canvas that I should be doing as a Guild project.
14)Fraidy Felix - With Thy Needle & Thread - stitching about 50% finished; will have to be put together, too.
15)Pineapple Biscornus - Jeannette Douglas - I am ashamed to admit that these were to be a Christmas for a very good friend LAST year, and I still have not finished them. The stitching is about 80% complete.
16) Bonus Project - Before seeing this blog, I was going to join a SAL for Autumn at Hawk Run Hollow. I am not a fast stitcher, so I don't know whether stitching one of those blocks a month in addition to everything else I want to do is realistic or not, but hope to give it a try!
This is very ambitious for me. If I finished half of these items, I'll be very happy. If I finish 2/3 of the list I will be very happy and amazed! Loved seeing the photos posted so far. I'll do the same soon.
Good stitching, everyone.
Bobbi - Ohio