The only rule is to have fun, keep an eye for you threads and be always in stitches.
Pick 15 projects that are ALREADY STARTED and FINISH them.
ha, there you are, my challenge to you. Not new ones coz we all know there are far more than 15 to which we would like to start.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I'm just sayin......

Ok everybody~~~~ I have made my list and checked it twice..... Here are my 15 WIP's that I am putting in the "2011 up the the challenge" challenge.....In no particular order...............!

1- Nabby Garden Sampler by City Stitcher: I started this waaaaayyyyy back before some of you were born! Sadly, I have completed half of it and stopped....And, I LIKE it!! Go figure...

2- Eliz Emma Bice Wade Sampler by Threads of Gold: again, older than you know what... one third done...

3-A Quaker Christmas by By Gone Stitches....love it since it is totally in RED..half done....

4- 1738 Scottish Sampler by Threads of Gold: can you say circa:1995... another LARGE sampler..half done...

5-The American Pillow by Handwork Primitives...This one is Americana which I love and will probably be in the top 3 on my finish list....we will see...

6-Love Spoken Here by La-D-Da...not much done on this one yet, but it is in npi silks...so, will probably float to the top third of the list...

7-E. Davise by Threads of Gold....ok, ok....I was in a reproductive sampler phase way back..Still love ToGold.... This one is about a third done or so...

8-Family Sampler by LHN..a 2010 piece that I have only planted about 20 stitches in just to make sure I picked the right fabric.... I purposely knew this project was going to be 2011..

9-Private Exchange by Prairie Schooler...I have done 2 of the 4 pieces in this project....I NEED to finish this project up by about May or so.....

10-Quaker Diamonds by Rosewood Manor...Love the Valdani threads on this one...just not loving the 28 ct part....This is another very large piece........

11-Anniversaries of the Heart series by BBD....15 part project of which I have completed 7...

12-The Heart that Gives by Ewe/Eye/Friends...This is another oldie but goodie...half done on 40 ct...

13-Shores of HRH by Carriage House.....Another huge project....I have one third left to do.... Why havent I finished this piece?????

14-With my Needle by The Good Huswife....love the fallish colors....this one has very little done..

15- Frederick and Fredericka by Carriage House....I know...this is technically 2 pieces, but they are a set.....Fred is barely started so this one will take a while...............

So.....that is my project list for 2011...I have never sat down before and put this much thought into finishing Wips....Maybe that is why there are so many of them~~~ I love stitching smalls these days and all of these WIP are very large....So, I am definitely stepping out of my comfort zone with this challenge....But, I am going to do it because it fit perfectly into my stash diet theme for 2011...

Ok everybody..... That is my list....Show me what you've got!!!!!

Faye

6 comments:

  1. Wow Faye, I have heard of at least half of these and they are huge. My list is going to be made up of many large pieces as well. Good luck, can't wait to see progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my friend!!! I love your list...many I would love to stitch myself. I need to get crackin' on my list...seems these days not enough hours to do the extra...but I am going to post it yet this week! How exciting and fun this will be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all have the large projects for a reason and as far as my stash goes, they are all bigin's. Love you list Faye. Have fun with it and don't forget to post progress pictures.
    As always

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. I havenn't blogged for awhile, but I'm still around. (I have finished a few WIP's too) Now I'm going to go through everything and start my list. One of my WIP's consists of having marked the centre of the fabric and pulled out the threads I need. I hope to post a few of my recent finishes, just so you'll believe I did it. Sorry I had to miss the party, but the weather was very unpleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Impressive Faye--I just bought Chrismas at Hawks Run and look at that as a massive one--you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are my hero, Faye, because I know that you can do that list and not even break a sweat, woman! I cannot wait to see your progress as those are gorgeous WIPs. :)
    XOXO
    Ma TK

    ReplyDelete

any and all comments are welcome and Thank you for sharing