The only rule is to have fun, keep an eye for you threads and be always in stitches.
Pick 15 projects that are ALREADY STARTED and FINISH them.
ha, there you are, my challenge to you. Not new ones coz we all know there are far more than 15 to which we would like to start.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Finally Figured out my List - whew!

Well, it took until the day before Christmas Eve to find the time to go thru the stuff, make the decisions, decide again and actually make the commitment. So, here's my list:

1. Massachusetts - the Bay State Sampler, Jeannette Douglas
I started this at a retreat in 2007 - yikes. I'm classifying this as a Big project.

2. Dutch Sampler, Remember the Ladies, from Kreinik. This was my first silk and one over one project. Also a Big project.

3. Count the Stars, Dimensions Gold Collection Petites. Medium project - not much left but couching, etc.

4. Eiffel Tower, Compagnie des Ouvrages. Bought this in Paris this past May on our first (hoping it's not the last!) trip there. Medium project - barely started.

5. Zebras - Designs for the Needle. Old, aida, also barely started. But, my husband LOVES zebras and it would be nice to do this for him. Big project.

6. Holly & Hearts Ornament - Sweetheart Tree. Medium project - I have a good start on this one. Another retreat project.

7. Ireland - International Hearts - Victoria Sampler. Small project.

8. Dreamkeeper Etui - Brightneedle. Retreat project, minimal start, not sure I like it, but I feel like I need to finish it. Big project.

9. Pensacola Lighthouse - Jemini Designe. Two of my kids went to college in Pensacola - kind of a a nice memory for me. Small project.

10. Tulip House - Blackbird Designs - another retreat project, barely started (maybe I talk too much at retreats?) Medium project.

11. Itty Bitty Irish - Twisted Threads - good start on this Small project.

12 - 17.5. I know - the challenge is 15. But, I'm making a set of 8 napkins for my daughter and I have 1.5 done. I NEED to finish the rest. It's a Celtic Knot design and really requires focus - hard to work on in the evenings, which is when I have most of my stitching time. Big project.

Looking forward to this - never done a challenge before, so I'm hoping being involved will help me develop some discipline. However, I found some kitted up NEW projects while digging and they are tempting!

Also, I'm happy to see another Minnesota stitcher in the goups - this will be fun!

Mary in MN (how I sign all my blog comments and other on-line stitching stuff)

No comments:

Post a Comment

any and all comments are welcome and Thank you for sharing