The only rule is to have fun, keep an eye for you threads and be always in stitches.
Pick 15 projects that are ALREADY STARTED and FINISH them.
ha, there you are, my challenge to you. Not new ones coz we all know there are far more than 15 to which we would like to start.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Agony & the Ecstacy

Yeah! I have a finish. This is Santa's Cookies from the JC preview issue for 2010 and I modified it. I used 14 ct red Aida and added some beads here & there. It is going to be a tuck type pillow. This is the ecstasy portion of the post. Below is the agony.

Above is the photo I posted earlier to show where I left this piece and below you will see where I am now. Look closely and you will notice a big difference...in the form of negative stitching. (That sounds nicer that ripping or frogging.)

I picked this up Saturday afternoon and started working on the border. That is when I realized that one tree, the house and all of the snowman's head were 1 STITCH OFF!!! Ordinarily, I would just make due, but since the tree and the snowman head intersect with the border and that would all be off, I decided it had to go. Moving the snowman would bring it too close to the house so out it came too. I'm going to take a cleansing breath and carry on. I will finish this; it is too cute to languish unstitched any more!

DonnaTN

No comments:

Post a Comment

any and all comments are welcome and Thank you for sharing